SIMRES is a not for profit society registered in British Columbia in January 2013. Our organization is dedicated to encouraging marine research at or near our location at the centre of the Salish Sea and to providing or facilitating educational programmes, workshops and hands-on activities which will create awareness and promote a better public understanding of our marine ecosystems. We are collaborating with researchers, educators, NGO's and educational institutions to encourage both students and the general public to become involved as professionals or citizen scientists and be stewards for the future of our ocean environment.
We would like to show our appreciation to all individuals, groups and organizations who are so generously supporting our ongoing research, education and outreach initiatives. Thank you to the following groups who donated start-up funding:
- Saturna Island Community Club
- Saturna Island Lion’s Club
- Saturna Parks and Recreation Commission
- Capital Regional District, Southern Gulf Islands
Many thanks also for the ongoing in-kind work, donations, resources and financial support from the following:
- Garnet Research Corporation - Web hosting
- Orcas Online - Internet service at East Point
- Saturna Net - Installation & maintenance of transmission equipment
- Ocean Sonics - Hydrophone installation support
- Tom & Christine Gallagher - Hydrophone #1 "JPG"
- The Flora Foundation - Hydrophone #2 "Ian Smyth"
- Joan Hoskinson - Hydrophone #3 "Skipjack"
- Paul Cottrell , DFO - Hydrophone support & collaboration
- Tom Dakin & Ocean Networks Canada - Hydrophone support & collaboration
- Capital Regional District, Southern Gulf Islands - Support of hydrophone & video camera initiatives
- JASCO Applied Sciences - Support of research initiatives
- Eagle Wing Tours & 1% For The Planet - Support of our research station & data terminal
- The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority - Support of outreach & education initiatives
- Saturna Parks & Recreation Commission - Support of Intertidal Safari & SeaTalks
- BC Ferries - Support of Intertidal Safari
- Marine Life Sanctuaries Society - Support of Intertidal Safari
There are many costs involved in developing our research, education and outreach initiatives, so we welcome any donations, large or small, that will keep us moving forward. Please contact Larry Peck at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information if you would like to help. We are a registered charity and so can issue you a tax receipt for any amount over $20.00